Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
Independent, Leisure Travellers and Group Bookings
By staying with us and choosing The Headwaters Eco Lodge as your accommodation, you are not only supporting our business, our sustainability philosophy and practices but also, as a charitable trust, you are supporting the Glenorchy Community. We thank you for your business.
Payment for Bookings
Direct bookings with The Headwaters Eco Lodge (either via phone or on our website), prior to 48 hours from the arrival date, are provided with two payment options:
- Guests are able to make payment in full, using their credit card at the time of booking.
- Guests are able to secure their booking using a valid credit card, without making payment. A deposit of one night of the accommodation total may be charged to the credit card 48 hours prior to the arrival date. The balance will be due at time of departure.
Direct bookings (either via phone or on our website) made within 48 hours of arrival will require full payment via credit card at time of booking.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Our accommodation cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations outside of 48 hours of the arrival date may occur without payment. If a deposit was made, a full refund is available. Guests may choose to transfer any deposits to a new booking if applicable.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of the arrival date will incur a charge equivalent to one night of the accommodation total. Charges will be applied to the credit card supplied at the time of booking.
- ‘No-shows’ will incur a charge equivalent to the full cost of the accommodation.
The Dining room at The Headwater’s Eco lodge is situated in a remote location and any changes and cancellations affect us greatly. Whilst we try to accommodate these as much as possible, there are costs incurred with sourcing food, preparation, and staffing which we are unable to defer at late notice.
Guests may change or cancel a dinner reservation up to 24 hours before the dining booking without any penalty. Any cancellations made within 24 hours will incur a 100% cancellation charge.
Policy Exception to High Season Period
20th December to the 26th January is considered a High Season Period. All bookings cancelled or modified within 14 days of the arrival date during this period will incur a charge for all room nights booked.
Covid 19 Policy – all bookings
The safety and well-being of our guests is important to The Headwaters Eco Lodge. As such, our property will work closely with all guests allowing for flexibility while being reasonable with alternative dates and arrangements.
In circumstances where the cancellation is due to a Covid-enforced travel restrictions, and we are unable to operate the event and/or our accommodation as planned, or the ability to travel is affected, we will issue a refund less any unrecoverable costs.
The Headwaters Eco Lodge is not responsible for any incidental expenses that guests may have incurred as a result of booking, including, but not limited to travel insurance excess, non-refundable flights or visas, and any event catering costs incurred.
To protect you against unexpected changes to travel plans The Headwaters Eco Lodge highly recommends all guests carry travel insurance.
A note to our Terms and Conditions
Please note that third party websites may have different terms and conditions and all cancellation requests must be made directly with the agent you booked with.